Wednesday, October 21, 2009

American Culinary Heritage

Hello Everyone! I cannot believe we are in the middle of our Southeast region of the United States! It's one of my favorites areas. Back in 1996 when I lived in Atlanta , Georgia I was able to learn and enjoy Southern Food, which now has spread all over the country. You can find this type of food in most states in the US. Come and join us as we continue to travel this region and sample Southern style Fried Chicken, Collard Greens, Hush Puppies, Fried Okra, Gumbo, Jambalaya, Po Boy Sliders, just to name a few! Do not forget to pick up your copy of "WHITE HOUSE CHEF" recipe book by Walter Scheib, my friend and former Chef of the White House. I worked some time with Walter back in the states and I can tell you that you will enjoy this book as much as I did. Not only great recipes, but some great stories from the ultimate kitchen in the land as we know it back in the U.S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment